Thursday, July 17, 2014

Meet the Students: Parte Cuatro

To me, our three students this week have one big thing in common: their family values.  None of them come have what one might call a traditional family, but all of them are great examples of love and perseverance.  Evelyn is a returning scholar, after a one year absence from school and Starfish while she was pregnant with her daughter, Domenica.  Mirka was raised by a single mom with enough energy and love for to make up for it, and Julio was raised by his caring grandmother.  We are so proud of of the young adults they are all turning out to be! Here from them now in their own words, and see their smiling faces with their families: 


Evelyn
    


My name is Evelyn.  I was born on June 20th, I am 18 years old.  I like music.  I have a beautiful daughter named Domenica.  I like to help my mom.  My favorite fruit is apples.  I want to be a secretary so that I can be successful and give my daughter a better future, to show her the good and not the bad.  I have the best parents who understand me.  First, I give thanks to God, and then to my parents because they are helping me out a lot, and I know that with their help I will get ahead and succeed.

Mirka



Hi my name is Mirka.  I am 16 years old and my birthday is September 3rd.  I like to listen to all types of music.  My favorite colors are black, hot pink, white, purple and silver.  My favorite food is rice with baked chicken.  I like to be at Starfish because I learn things that I didn’t know before.  I am very happy because this year I’m going to graduate high school and continue my studies so that I can get a good job and help my family.  I am so thankful for everything that my mom has done for me, she has been my mother and my father and I have so much to thank her for.  I also thank the foundation that is now helping me this year.  

Julio

 

My name is Julio.  I am 16 years old.  My favorite colors are blue and black.  I go to “Transito Amaguaña” high school.  I am in 10th grade.  My favorite subjects are math and science.  I don’t like English.  My favorite food is rice & chicken.  I like to listen to music and watch tv.

Part 5 of 8 of "Meet the Students" coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment