Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet the Students: Parte Ocho - El Fin

With this last post, you've now met all of this year's new students.  These 24 new Scholars join 17 returning scholars and almost 100 new tutoring students.  We are so excited about the growth of Starfish, and also of each one of our students who has made the choice to make education a priority!

Andreina


Hi my name is Andreina.  I am 13 years old.  I study at “Antonio Jose de Sucre” high school.  I like to sing, dance and play soccer.  My goals for this year are to get good grades and pass 8th grade.  When I’m older I want to be a secretary.

Genesis

My name is Genesis.  My goals for this year are to get good grades and pass 10th grade.  Above is a picture of Genesis with 2013 Starfish volunteer, Maria.

Yesenia

           



Hi, my name is Yesenia.  I like to listen to music, dance, study, and swim.  I am 13 years old.  I go to “Aurora Estrada” high school.  It’s going really well, I like my school.  I am in 8th grade.  My goals are to finish my studies and be a great professional so that I can help my family, especially my brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment