Thursday, June 19, 2014

Meet the Students: Parte Dos


Meet 3 of our new students in the Guasmo neighborhood: Nagelhi, Jamileth & Odalis!  This is the second part of a multi-part series on our new scholars.  They are pretty awesome and we thought you should know just how awesome they are!

Nagelhi



Nagelhi was a tutoring student last year, and earned her scholarship this year with her consistent attendance and positive attitude!  Her older brother Geovanny is a third-year Starfish Scholar.  Nagelhi writes, "My name is Nagelhi,  I am 13 years old.  I like to play soccer.  My favorite subject is Math because I like numbers.  My family is united and sometimes we play and laugh and do other fun things.  I have 3 siblings.  Their names are: Geovanny, Genesis and Jostin.  I like to play and have fun with them.  I like Starfish because they teach me a lot and I like when we play soccer and go on

Jamileth


Jamileth is new to Starfish this year.  Above she is pictured with her mom and sister.  Jamileth tells us, "My name is Jamileth.  My goals for this year are to get good grades and pass 7th grade so that I can be successful."

Odalis


Odalis is also new to Starfish this year, but so far has been a great addition to afternoon group. The afternoon group has most of our older students, and she has fit right in and is always very respectful and a very hard worker.  Odalis writes, "Hi my name is Odalis.  I am 15 years old.  My goals for this year are to pass 10th grade and get better grades.  I like to listen to music while I study."

Stay tuned for the next part of "Meet the Students"!

No comments:

Post a Comment