Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meet some of our new Scholars!

23 of our 41 Scholars are new this year - though most of them participated in our tutoring program last year.  And don't forget that some of them still need Sponsors. Even if you are not able to make a financial commitment at this time, you may still be able to participate as a pen pal!

We asked all of our students to write a short introduction for all of you.  Today we present to you Gema & Miguel, both new Scholarship students in Flor de BastiĆ³n.  Both participated in our tutoring program last year!

Gema

 

I am 14 years old.
What would you like to be when you grow up?
I would like to be a surgeon or I would also like to have a Beauty Salon and be able to live off what I earn.
Favorite Food
Pork Chops with Lentils and Rice
Hobbies
Draw, Paint, Play and do a lot of things
Favorite Pets
Dogs, Rabbits
Favorite Fruit
Strawberries, grapes, green mangoes

I study at Dolores Sucre High School . I am in 1er bachillerato (10th grade).  I have 2 brothers, with me we're 3.  I favorite color is bright blue.  My favorite dessert is Tres Leches and my favorite candy is Galak (chocolate).  My favorite subjects are Chemistry and Computer.

----

My name is: Miguel.

   

I like music.  In my free time I play soccer.  Sometimes I like to watch horror movies, but most of the time I watch calmer movies.  I favorite subjects is Science.  I like to read the Bible.  I am getting ready to participate in my church groups.

On Mondays when we go to school I have to wear a special formal uniform.  I study at Maritza Thalia High School.  I have 4 siblings.  When I grow up I want to be a veterinarian.  My favorite food is rice with lentils and meat.  My favorite fruits are apples, pears, raspberries and watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment